Retaining Wall Installation
Retaining Wall Installation in Zelienople, PA
When it comes to getting a retaining wall installed, you want to make sure you hire a credible company that uses the best materials. Doing so will insure the longevity of your retaining wall as well as maintain the safety of those around you. We regularly work with the following materials:
- Concrete Block
- Stone Veneer
- Gravel (Backfill Material)
- Aggregate (Backfill Material)
- Native Soil (Backfill Material)
If you are looking for someone to help you with retaining wall installation in Zelionople, PA or the surrounding areas, call us today at 724-601-7681
Schedule Your Service
Our Office is located in Zelienople, PA and we serve the following areas:
- Allison, PA
- Bradford woods, PA
- Cranberry Township, PA
- Evans City, PA
- Gibsonia, PA
- Harmony, PA
- Mars, PA
- Seven Fields, PA
- Sewickley, PA
- Valencia, PA
- Wexford, PA
- Zelienople, PA
Top Retaining Wall Installation
Whether you’re a new homeowner or you’ve just never had one, retaining walls have a lot of uses. You can protect your garden, help with drainage, or accent landscaping features.
Whatever you’re trying to accomplish, Daily Landscaping is here to help! Many homeowners can get overwhelmed when looking into retaining wall installation, though. There are a lot of options and choices to be made.
Like most landscaping services, the only thing holding you back is your budget with retaining walls. Feel free to get as creative as you want. However, you’ll need to decide on is the material and type of your walls.
When it comes to that, you can keep reading or just give us a call. Our experts can recommend the retaining wall that will meet your needs. Give us a call today at 724-601-7681 and schedule your free estimate!
Types of Retaining Wall Installation
We are an extremely proficient hardscaping company, so we know the pros and cons to each material. We also know the best brands to work with. Here are some of the most popular materials for a retaining wall:
- If you’re looking for a variety of colors, stone veneer might work for you. There are multiple shapes to choose from as well, and you can get almost any size or thickness. Stone veneer can be a little more expensive than other materials, but it lasts and you can really let your imagination go.
- One material you’ll see often is brick. Bricks can fit with almost any home aesthetic or bring out features. We can install them faster, so you’ll save on labor, and hold up well to bad weather. Over time, bricks can get damaged, but just let us know and we’ll be happy to replace whatever you need!
- Concrete comes in all shapes and sizes, so it can meet a lot of needs. As you might imagine, it’s built to last and doesn’t need much upkeep. While most concrete walls don’t go above 4 feet and need help with drainage, you can make anything from cultural architecture to a specific time period.
- When you want a natural look for your property, it’s hard not to mention wood. The main drawback is the risk of termites and rot, so we actually recommend using a material that gives the illusion of a wood retaining wall, instead of using actual wood.
- You might not think of boulders when you think of retaining walls, but they’ve used for hundreds of years. We’ll stack boulders to make your retaining wall as tall as you want, but they’re set in their shape. Still, they give your yard a rustic style and almost never need replacing.
- The last material we’ll mention is gabion. Some people haven’t even heard of this, but gabion used natural resources like rocks and recycling to fill a cage of wire or steel rods. These retaining walls last a long time and can be used for almost any design. They’re not the most aesthetic options, though, and gabion tends to rust with time.
With the material chosen for your retaining wall installation, you’ll need to figure out which type of wall you want. Some walls are better for different needs, so here are the main types that our customers want:
- As the name suggests, gravity retaining walls stay in place using gravity. Because that relies on their weight, we can use several different materials to make this happen. Common choices are concrete, brick, and stone veneer, but our team can help you decide. If you opt for a taller wall, we might need to dig a short trench for your wall to be slotted in.
- If your property is smaller or you don’t need a huge retaining wall, you might want a sheet piling wall. We’ll install a sheet of either wood, steel, or vinyl into your soil. It won’t work if your soil is too hard, though, because of the structural integrity. If your retaining wall is taller, we might combine your sheet with an anchored wall.
- Cantilevered retaining walls have an underground slab that they sit on that makes them stronger. You won’t have to worry about your wall shifting or leaning due to the design. If you want your wall even stronger, we can add vertical reinforcement.
- Anchored walls can act alone or with other types for support. We’ll either attach your wall to anchors in the ground or use cables to hold them up. This extra reinforcement can make any retaining wall stronger, so we might recommend this for areas with heavy rainfall or drainage
There are more retaining walls, but those are the most common. As you can tell, you’ll have a lot of options when it comes to which retaining wall you want. Daily Landscaping is a top notch landscaping company, and we are more than happy to help you with your choice when you call us today at 724-601-7681! We can answer your questions, give more information on retaining walls, or schedule your free estimate with our experts! If you happen to be interested in our other services like custom driveway installation or custom patio installation, be sure to check out our other service pages!
We Offer the Following Landscaping Services in Zelienople, PA and Surrounding Areas
Daily Landscaping did a beautiful job building a retaining wall for the front of our home.
– Mrs. A
Shows up on schedule, communicates when rain delays, good quality work.
– Michael M. Cranberry Township, PA